Follow us more when like page https://www.facebook.com/tdesign510/
Most templates have the same tutorial, but there will be a few with a small note, all written in the description below each product. Please read the description carefully!
Materials: 160-220g paper, knife (or cutting machines), double-sided tape, 5mm thick foam board, led light.
Steps to make a light box
Step 1: Cut the paper.
Step 2: Cut the spacers 5 millimeters thick. (using a “foam board” or similar material of 5 millimeters thickness – e.g. straws, 5mm thick sticky foam strips, etc.)
Step 3: Stick the spacers on the back of each layer.
Sort order of layers: : Artboard 1 (first page) is placed at the first and front position of the light box. The last artboard (last page) is at the back.
- Take the first layer of paper (artboard 1). Identify the front and back of the paper layer.
Tip is to compare with file names or product photos: the front of the layer looks like the drawing and product photos, the reverse is the back side.
- Stick the spacers on the back of each layer.
Thickness of spacer is 5mm, and 5mm is the distance between the layers of paper.
- Do the same with the remaining layers of paper
- Note: Particularly the last layer just pasted a thin sheet of paper (70gsm paper). This thin layer of paper will hide the LEDs, and at the same time help the light to be more evenly distributed instead of focusing on one point.
Step 4: Paste all layers together.
- Step 5: Make a box frame with a depth of 7 to 8 centimeters. (using wood or “foam board”)
- The depth of 7cm is enough for templates with 11 layers. (1cm = 10mm)
- If the pattern has fewer layers, you can subtract 5mm from each layer to get the required box depth. For example, if thetemplate has 6 layers, the box frame only needs a depth of 5cm.
- In case the box frame still does not have the required depth, you can use thinner spacers (3mm instead of 5mm).
Put the clear acrylic sheet (or glass) into the box frame. (It is used to prevent dust from flying inside the box)
Step 6: Install the Led light on the back of the box. (can use 5-volt or 12-volt LEDs, monochrome or multicolor)
Step 7: Put the picture into the box and close the lid.
Step 8: Turn on the light!
We have some notes for you if you use a cutting machine:
- Please open SVG files one by one, do not open multiple files at the same time, they will be corrupted.
- If a text warning appears, ignore it and continue uploading the file. This text is the order of the layers, they are not vectors so will probably not be displayed when you open the SVG files.
- See ordinal numbers of layers in PNG (or PDF) files for assembling layers.
Suggest suitable led lights
LED lightings 3 modules
Or led strip lights
Glass or plastic
You can see its position in the structural image of a light box.
Its effect is to prevent dust from flying into the light box. So you can still make paper light box even if you don’t have a sheet of glass (or clear acrylic sheet).
Paper cut light box, papercut lightbox, light box, lightbox, light box template, lightbox template, paper cutting, shadow box template, shadow box, 3d light box, paper light box, lightbox svg, papercut svg, night light, 1 sided, paper craft, crafting, kirigami, handmade, Laser, lasercut, Cricut, Silhouette, ScanNcut Brother
Tag: tutorials, instructions
Thank you for reading!