Follow us more when like page https://www.facebook.com/tdesign510/
This post will explain in detail the materials needed to make a paper-cut light box.
– Best when using quantitative paper 160g to 220g.
– Paper that is too thin will easily bend, too thick paper will block light.
– In addition, you need a thin sheet of paper about 70g (common print paper to make books) to put behind the last layer.
~ Paper cutting tools
– Cutting machines:
After payment, you will receive a compressed file including SVG, PNG and PDF formats. Most cutters use SVG files.
– Cut by hand:
You can print the file on paper and cut by hand.
Best when cutting paper with a scalpel and rubber cutting board (recommended: “cutting mat”)
~ The spacer
– Use foam board thickness of 5 millimeters to make spacer – to create distance between layers.
– This material is cut with a knife easily.
(If you don’t have a foam board, you can find another material of similar thickness instead – e.g. straws, 5mm thick sticky foam strips, etc.)
~ Glue or double-sided tape
– Use glue or double-sided tape to attach the spacers to the layers of paper.
– In addition, glue can also be used to create box frames if you make your own box frame. It helps to glue the pieces of the box together.
~ Box frame or Light base
Use foam board or wood to make box frame / lamp base. (Or you can find it on ikea.com)
With 1-sided paper cut light box:
– The box should have a depth of 7 centimeters (about 3 inches).
- The depth of 7cm is enough for templates with 11 layers. (1cm = 10mm)
- If the pattern has fewer layers, you can subtract 5mm from each layer to get the required box depth. For example, if thetemplate has 6 layers, the box frame only needs a depth of 5cm.
- In case the box frame still does not have the required depth, you can use thinner spacers (3mm instead of 5mm).
– The box frame must have a size that matches the size of the cutting paper.
Square templates: Size of paper ~ 20×20 cm (about 7.9×7.9 inches).
Rectangular patterns: Size of paper ~ 25×18 cm (about 9.9×7.1 inches).
With 5-sided paper cut light box:
– You can make your own light base with materials you have.
– The simplest way is to make a box and place the led light inside it.
The photo below is a suggestion for you:
~ LED light
I will suggest you two common types of LEDs suitable for paper cutting light boxes.
1- LED lightings 3 modules:
– I usually use this type. It is a monochrome led, so for some templates, I need to coordinate different colors.
– The advantage is that the light is strong enough. If you ask me to design a portrait template for you with more than 6 layers, you should use this light.
– 12V led lights need to use 12V adapter.
If the light box has less than 8 led bars, you can use 12V – 1A adapter.
If the light box has more than 8 led bars, you should use 12V – 2A adapter.
– Because this LED light has a large capacity, I do not recommend using the battery, it will quickly run out of battery and is expensive.
– Proposal link:
2 – LED strip lights:
– There are 2 types of monochrome and multicolor, usually people will use multicolor lights.
– This type of light is weaker than Type 1, but it is easier to install, the color is also more diverse and variable.
– Typically, this Led light only has 5V, so you can also use a battery instead of using an adapter.
3 – Led used for 5-sided light box:
~ Glass or plastic (with 1-sided light box)
You can see its position in the structural image of a light box.
Its effect is to prevent dust from flying into the light box. So you can still make paper light box even if you don’t have a sheet of glass (or clear acrylic sheet).
– With glasses:
You can go to your local store to ask them to cut a sheet of glass to the right size.
– With plastic:
You can search for the keyword phrase “clear acrylic sheet“, 1, 2 or 3 mm thick, depending on what you want.
It is a transparent plastic sheet. You just need to peel off the paper on both sides of it to use.
Pop-up, Pop up, Popup, 1 sided, 5 sided paper cut light box, papercut lightbox, light box, lightbox, light box template, lightbox template, paper cutting, shadow box template, shadow box, 3d light box, paper light box, lightbox svg, papercut svg, night light, 5 sides, 5 faces, 5 côtés, 5 Seiten, 5 seitiger, 5 lados, paper craft, crafting, kirigami, handmade, Laser, lasercut, Cricut, Silhouette, ScanNcut Brother
Tag: tutorials, instructions